Thursday, February 25, 2010

How I know my fiance and I are going to make it: a vignette

Background: I like to joke that Andy's best friend Matt is his real soul mate. Something Andy doesn't particularly like me doing (in fact he hates it) but come on, they finish each other's sentences. Andy and I don't even do that! In any case, last night Andy was telling me about an episode of Star Trek he watched which was written by the same guy who was a writer on Battlestar. There were parallels between the way the two stories were written that Andy was really excited about which of course resulted in a brief conversation about said writer. Which is where we enter the scene.

Andy: "well anyway, I thought I'd just share my nerdy excitement with you"
Me: "have you told Matt yet?"
Andy: "no, not yet"
Me: "awww, you told me before you told Matt?!"
Andy: "yes, I like you better than Matt!"
Me: "ah, but do you love me more than Matt?"
Andy: (sigh) "yes, I love you more than I love Matt."
Me: (clapping hands like a 4 year old) "yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!"
Andy: "I hate you."

FIN.



Matt and Andy winning a trivia night. Ain't they sweet, folks?!

No comments:

Post a Comment